Yesterday, CinemaCon had a 2 hour panel that was chock full of big movie announcements from some of the movie industries biggest players. Below, we break down all the major stand outs for Warner Bros and Sony which had their panels shown. Here’s we know of so far:
- WB brought exclusive looks for their highly anticipated DC films; Black Adam, The Flash, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. (Although these trailers have not officially been released to the public as of yet)
- Robert Pattinson is confirmed to return for Matt Reeves sequel for ‘The Batman’
- Teasers were shown for Baz Luhrmanns ‘Elvis’, ‘Wonka’ starring Timothee Chalamet, ‘Dont Worry Darling’ starring Harry Styles and Florence Pugh, and a remake of Stephen King’s ‘Salem’s Lot’
- A poster was released for the upcoming film ‘Barbie’ starring Margot Robbie.
- Sony brought out reels for David Leitch’s ‘Bullet Train,’ new footage from the Viola Davis led film ‘The Woman King’, and new footage for “Where The Crawdads Sing.’
- Sony also released major news that Bad Bunny will lead the Spider-Man spinoff film for ‘El Muerto’ (Spider-man villain) which is slated to come out in January 2024.
- Speaking of Spider-Man, some footage was shown for the animated film, Spider-Man, Beyond the Spider-Verse, a sequel to the critically acclaimed Into the Spider-Verse.
- A few seconds were also shown for other Spider-Man spinoff films that are currently in production; Kraven the Hunter, and Madame Webb.
- Sony announced a third film for Venom and The Equalizer, and a sequel for Ghostbusters.
- Some footage was shown for the new George Foreman biopic
Disney, Paramount and Universal are all set to debut their panels today April 27th, 2022. Be on the lookout for new updates!